I have decided to tag myself from the great and wise Lucy the Valiant (who gave us permission to tag ourselves as she magnanimously decided to decline picking favorites and/or potentially annoying people). If you don't know Lucy, you really should. Go visit her site now. This post can wait. Because she? Is awesome. Kind and smart and funny and real. You will love her. I promise.
Okay, you back? Well, then, let's begin, shall we?
1. Post the rules.
2. Post 11 things about you.
3. Answer the questions the tagger asked you.
4. Write 11 new questions for those you tag.
11 things about me
1. I met The Mister at the wedding of one of our dear friends. We were set up by the bride and her mother. We will be married 11 years this Spring and I knew from the first day that he would be my husband; my only task was to convince him it was true. Thankfully, I am very convincing.
2. I have a tatoo of a peace sign on my right big toe. I wish I could have it removed because I am convinced that one day my child will be covered in tatoos directly as a result of seeing this tatoo on me.
3. I love to cook and clean. Just not after working a full time job. Generous benefactors welcome.
4. I traveled to 11 countries in Europe over the course of one month after I completed graduate school. I would SO love to go back. It was such a long, relaxing time and such a wonderful learning experience.
5. I can curl my tongue.
6. I grew up on a hobby farm with some pigs, sheep, a turkey, some ducks, one horse, many rabbits, several cats and dogs. I feel a nursery rhyme somewhere in there. I loved the animals and talked to them all of the time.
7. I have co-written a children's book which, in my free time, I need to try and get published.
8. I was a vegetarian for many years. Part of what influenced that was number 6 up there. I can still remember the day when I was eating some sausage and the light bulb came on in my head - this is OSCAR! He was our first pig who some friend of the family got won at a bar (?) and my family then inherited. He lived in a dog house until he was too big. He was my friend and we ATE him.
9. I used to love Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter and Jelly ice cream. They haven't made it for years. I still mourn.
10. I have been at my current job for seven and a half years. It's the longest I have held any job and quite a surprise to most everyone, including me.
11. I alwasy make a wish at 11:11. It's the same wish every time. I wish for a long, happy, healthy life for me and my family.
11 Questions For Me
1. How many siblings do you have? I have three step brothers and two half brothers.
2. Coke or Pepsi? Regular or diet? Anyone who knows me can tell you that I have a slight obsession with Diet Coke. Best out of a fountain. Next out of a glass bottle. Finally out of a can. Plastic bottle? Not so much.
3. What are you 3 favorite candies? Twix caramel candy bars, homemade buckeyes, Dots
4. Are you a pessimist or an optimist? I used to be a pessimist but somehow, through all I have experienced in life, I have decided that optimist is really the only way to go.
5. If you went on Fear Factor would you rather eat blended cockroaches and stink bugs or lay in a coffin full of snakes? I guess I have to pick the snakes because I would know they aren't poinsonous and they are far preferable to eating any of the nasty stuff on those shows!
6. What is your biggest regret in your life so far? This is a pretty heavy hitter, but, if I tell you my true heart, it is that I couldn't stay pregnant long enough to help my son grow and develop and become strong enough to stay with us once he was born.
7. The best concert you have ever been to? The Mister and I like to go to DMB every year and it is always awesome. We also saw Tom Petty once in a terrific thunderstorm and it was pretty amazing.
8. What do you normally eat for breakfast? Diet Coke and sausage biscuit from McDonald's. But all of that has changed because I am currently on a liquid diet in preparation for Lap Band surgery to help with weight loss (and preparing to say goodbye forever to Diet Coke).
9. Would you rather have a massage or a facial if you could only choose one? Oh, massage. I love them so much. But, in fairness, I've never had a facial.
10. Have you ever ordered something off an infomercial? Yes. Once I was at a conference in Park City, Utah. I was sitting in the hotel room at night and saw some commercial for a bunch of exercise videos that I was sure would change my life. I called and forked over the cash right then. I used them a couple of times...
11. Which subject in school did you hate the most? I hate to be cliche here, but math. More specifically, Algebra. I was not good at it. I was in accelerated classes where it seemed all of my peers caught on easily which only made me feel worse. I regret it, but once I was done with Geometry in 10th grade, I never took another math class!
11 Questions For You
As it turns out, I just realized I screwed up and answered the questions directed at Lucy and not the ones she directed at me. I have granted myself, therefore, permission to cheat and pass the questions intended for me on to you!
1. If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
2. What's your favorite smell?
3. If you had to choose 3 bands to listen to for the rest of your life, who would they be?
4. Chocolate Frosty or Vanilla Frosty?
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. Ice or no ice in your drink?
7. If they were to make a movie of your life, who would play you?
8. Guilty pleasure food?
9. If you had to choose between having perfect health for the rest of your life or having an unlimited supply of money, which would you choose?
10. How would you describe yourself in 3 words.
11. Most important accomplishment you have done thus far in life.
You! If you're reading this, consider having a run at it. It's pretty fun and makes for an easy and pleasant blog post. And it's fun to find out these kind of random details about one another.