Listograpyh - Ice Cream
Check out Kate Takes 5 to see other fun lists and to read her fantastic blog!
I thought this sounded like too much fun to pass up! It's also been interesting to see people from all around the world list their ice cream favorites to see what is available where and the different names some things are given in different places. So, without further ado, my top 5 ice cream picks:
1. Dove Bar: The chocolate is so creamy and thick on these it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Not only for cool weather, they are great by the fireplace, too!
2. Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter and Jelly pint: they discontinued this flavor years ago, but I still dream about it. Ben, Jerry, I beg of you, bring it back! The jelly was strawberry. Just for those of you who think this sounds gross, you must taste before judging!
3. Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake: This is one of those that seems to go by many names around the globe. As I said in a comment on someone else's list, it reminds me of days at the public pool as a kid. I always felt like I'd won the lottery when I managed to have money to buy an ice cream while I was there!
4. The good old ice cream sandwich: You cannot go wrong with one of these babies. Ever. It really doesn't matter what brand as long as you stick with the traditional soft chocolate cookie on the outside and the vanilla ice cream in the middle.
5. And last, but certainly not least, the Nestle ice cream cookie sandwich. Brand is critical here. Unlike with the regular ice cream sandwich, where almost any brand will do, Nestle is the only company to have mastered this bad boy. Of course, it has enough calories that you really have to count it as a full meal. Fortunately, it's big enough for that.
And there you have it. Cool refreshment for summer. Or for any time of the year, really. Enjoy!