Mumsy

Envision John Stewart's version of the Queen of England's voice:  "Helloooooo...."This is what my daughter called me today while we were shopping at Sam's Club.  What, is she some British socialite now?  Mumsy?  I mean, I know that if ever she were to consider me fancy, it could only be while at Sam's for large quantities of meat and cheese, but where in the heck does she come up with this stuff?

Additionally while shopping at Sam's, she felt compelled to call out either "Grandma" or "Grandpa" to every person we passed who appeared to be over age 45.  You're welcome, middle America.  For those of you who felt humiliated, it may make you feel better to know that she has a double ear infection.  So, either it is clouding her judgement or at least she is suffering as payback for the pain she inflicted on you.

As illness goes, she has done really well during this bout and been in very good spirits all in all.  I, on the other hand, have been a total shrew.  Details on that will be in another post.  Needless to say, The Nugget and The Mister are likely to abandon ship any day now due to my cranky moods.  I have cooked up some really good homemade meals in an effort to mitigate this bad behavior on my part.  So far, it seems to be working.  I am hoping that Spring coming is going to help somewhat.

For now, I am off to get a biscuit or a crumpet and some nice hot tea.  Pish posh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You're Still a Good Mom

Red Writing Hood: Ugly/Beauty

What New Tires Can Do